Neurology Community
Finger issues/pain months after stitches

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

about 9 months ago I cut my index finger on the inside tip pretty badly which required 6 stitches.  Two weeks later I returned to the Dr.'s office to get the stitches removed; the nurse opened two and determined that the stitches should remain for another week.  I returned a week later and had the stitches removed.  The wound closed, but I never felt it healed properly as it never completely felt like it did before the injury.  2 months after the injury the finger looked and felt practically normal, but when i would use the injured fingure there was a feeling as if something was in my finger where the scar resides.  I have not paid much attention to the feeling as there was no pain associated with it until today.  I have a sharp pain that comes anytime I use my finger tip and the pain is right where the slight scar resides.  Does this sound like a nerve issue? infection? could a piece of the stitch (they were the plastic blue type of stitches) have been left in my finger?