Neurology Community
Finger numbness in last two fingers

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Finger numbness in last two fingers

I do not do work with my wrist or fingers. I just woke up one day with tingling in my pinky finger and the end of my ring finger.  I do not recall doing anything that I could have hurt myself. And I do tend to lean on my elbows alot. Could they be related? I rub on my elbow trying to get more circulation down to those fingers but it doesn't seem to help. It sends numb shocking feeling down the side of my arm and to those two fingers.I think it might actualy be complicating the matter. Has anyone had this, and what seems to help? Cold? Heat? What should I do? I have been favoring that arm today and not using it to see if it helps. Also there is no pain in my fingers, but the numbness and tingling drives me nuts, and makes my numb fingers itch all the time. Its been going on for a week so far.