Neurology Community
Finger pain

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Finger pain

I was diagnosised with MS several years ago - I''ve developed a strange symptom the last 3 days where my just the tops of my index, middle and ring fingers are in excuriating pain...no swelling, no redness - nothing....just pain...I feel I'm on the verge of a relapse - where my legs and face are getting painful, etc., but not full fledge yet.   Could this be
attributed to my MS ?  

I have pain in the same fingers - it is ongoing and getting worse.  I was diagnosed with MS in August of this year and this finger pain was one of the earliest symptoms after I fainted in Feb (but had no idea that was anything serious) - I went to a rheumatologist for the finger pain and he couldn't find anything but did think I had carpal tunnel and the nerve test for that is what started me on the path to a MS diagnosis.  The last month my finger pain has really gotten bad and has now started in on my right hand too - and that started with a bout of SHARP pain in the pinky finger joint but is now in the middle, ring, pinky on that hand too - still worse on the left.  what gives? This is not the first time I've read something about those 3 fingers being painful, and a connection to MS -

and my name is Jennie too -
Stay well-
dxd 8/4/08 - RRMS, copaxone
anyone else with finger/hand pain? I know it probably sounds lame compared to what is going on with some folks, but as a programmer, it seems especially cruel to me that the two things bothering me the most are my cognition/memory and my hands!  

JennieO
I have had horrible tremors and spasms in my legs and tingling down one side of my back and the feeling of weakness in my arms n legs.So I decided to see my gp. He approched the subject of M.S. That was only two weeks ago. I wanted to learn more about this but couldnt get on the computer due to my fingertips being so painful. Not jst painful but interfering in my everyday life. Once this settled I was able to get onto this site and have a look. It was hard to see this site and hear people descibing the same painful fingers who have been diagnosed with this disease. Will my doctor recongize this symptom if I was to go and see him again???And would this new symptom gaunatee I have M.S??
I just started getting these sharp, shooting  pains in my ring fingers of both hands. Its off and on for the past couple of days and I came across this website while I was searching if it could possibly be related to my MS. This type of pain is new to me, but the lately, I have not been able to hold on to things. The pain is about a 8-9 on the pain scale--its absolutely excruciating and fortunately the pain only lasts for 15-20 seconds. A very puzzling symptom, but then again, I guess with MS anything is possible.
I have had this same pain in both of my ring fingers, and I hope it is MS related, and not RA,  I have MS, but from what I have read with the finger joints, it sounds like RA.  I don't want both!  My dad does have RA, so this does worry me.