Neurology Community
First, Headache. Then, leg pain.

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

First, Headache. Then, leg pain.

I'm not prone to panicking, at least, I thought I wasn't.  Hopefully this is absolutely nothing to worry about, but I would at least like to know what is going on and if it warrants any concern.

Anyway, several weeks ago, while driving in the car, I had this sharp pain from the middle of my forehead to the back of my head.  Just a sharp line of pain that eventually went away.  It hasn't reoccurred.  However, the following two days presented constant pain to the back of my head - a dull, burning type of sensation.  This sparked worry, of course, but it was nothing as compared to the following night.  The day went as usual until that 9:48, when I went to sleep early to try and get rid of the pain.  I slept for a time, but was quickly awakened only half an hour later.  My head felt like it was on fire, my skull felt far too full, and every time I turned over, my head gradually hurt so bad I had to lay on my back the whole night.  I finally took advil at 2:00 and slept from 3:00 to 5:00, at which point I got out of bed.

The headache remained the next day, and, at the earliest opportunity, I visited the doctor.  My symptoms were pains on the sides, top, and back of my head, pain in my inner ears at times, and twinges in the middle of my forehead.  She told me it was probably  a sinus headache, but I think I may have left out some vital information and was just happy to have some help for my pain.  My symptoms were already going away, but I took the decongestant medicine and antibiotic anyway.

Several weeks later, the pain is still there but it is only mild - still having pain in the back of my head.  I was being stupid one day and tossed a can of green beans up into the air and caught it... with my knee...  I'm not sure if it's even related, but GOOD GOLLY that hurt, and now I have odd sensations of pain in my left leg.  The can hit above my knee, and pain tends to radiate out in lightning type strikes all the way up from my knee to the top of my thigh.  Pain does occur below my knee at times, but not very much.  The pain is sometimes like a large pin ***** and, as it is now, a slight burning sensation in the top and inner thigh.  Also, the area feels bruised, but there is no sign of one.

Now that the background is out of the way, I will make a long story short.  I'm not sure if the can has anything to do with it at all because I've been experiencing similar sensations in various parts of my body.  My right bicep once, my left arm once, and my right leg more than often but to a lesser degree, and the left portion of my chest just the other night.  I was laying down at the time and sitting up relieved the latter.  I wouldn't exactly say that my left thigh was throbbing, but it feels like a circulatory thing, sometimes appearing to be in tune with my heart beat - a sort of pulse around my knee, giving slight pain and discomfort.  You should also know that I don't feel the sensation quite as much when I am standing or walking, which makes me reluctant to sit down.

I am male, age 19.  I am healthy and have had no serious health problems before this, nor any headaches of the type or feel of the one I had recently.  I'm also thin and not obese in the slightest, but I do sit down quite a lot and get exercise very infrequently during the week.  Could these problems be related to a sedentary lifestyle and not getting enough movement?  The leg symptoms have been hounding me for nearly a week now and, from my research, such things could be a side effect of many different afflictions, some types of sclerosis among them.  Well, thanks in advance for an answer to the question.  I apologize for the length of the query, but I thought you should know everything.  Also, I have not mentioned the leg pain to my doctor since the last visit was days ago and the leg problem hadn't been present for a substantial period.  However, I did, during this visit, tell her about all the symptoms of my head pain and, when looking into the back of my throat, she apparently saw quite a lot of drainage.  She prescribed more decongestants.

I'll be watching this question to answer any questions you might have.
By the way, it seems that the sensations are also present when I stand up now.