Neurology Community
First seizure at 32 years old?

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

First seizure at 32 years old?

I'm a 32 year old male.  I have always been in excellent health.  Last week I was shoveling snow and all of a sudden I got light headed.  My wife asked me to stop, so I rested against the shovel for a moment.  That was the last thing I remembered.  According to my wife I then went stiff as a bored and fell straight back on to the back of my head and had a seizure.  My wife insists I was having the seizure before I hit the ground.  Nevertheless, she called 911, I went to the ER and was released after about an hour or two.  Everything checked out fine.  However, since then I have been having uncontrolable twitches, mostly just before I sleep, but during the day as well.  What's going on with me?  People don't just come down with epilepsy in their 30's do they?  
Hello.

Adult-onset epilepsy can manifest for the first time in the 30s. The seizure you had may not be epilepsy in itself. You need to consider other causes that may have lead to the seizure and now, the twitches.

I suggest you get a physician's reference and also get an EEG (Electroencephalogram). The EEG is a sensitive way to detect seizure activity in the brain. How has your blood sugar been ? And did you get any fainting attacks before ?

Regards
It's been many years since I've actually had my blood sugar tested.  I was considered to be hypoglycymyic in my early teens, but it disappeared.  As far as my fainting goes, it's never happened.  I have felt lighted headed many times though, like I was going to pass out, but it just went away.  

Thanks for your input.