Neurology Community
Flexeril for Dystonia?

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Flexeril for Dystonia?

Does anyone take Flexeril for Dystonia to sleep?  If so, does it yet?
About all I can report on this subject is, one time some medicines I was taking overwhelmed my muscles and made them freeze tight in my neck, very frightening sensation, and at the emergency clinic they gave me one heck of a shot of Valium, and within maybe five minutes, the muscle tension stopped.  So, to me, if you have muscle rigidity, Valium might be a better choice, because it WILL make you sleepy, too.  That's only if the muscle relaxer isn't helping you feel sleepy.  I also have had good results in the short-term with Melatonin capsules from the health food store, allows you to sleep really well, great for inbetween times when nothing seems to work.