Neurology Community
Follow up?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Follow up?

In 2002, I started seeking the care of a neurologist for severe headaches, blurred and double vision, left-sided weakness and partial paralysis, slurred speech, increased fatigue and sleepiness, and generally not mentally being able to "keep up" well enough to do my job (as an RN--couldn't keep track of what patients I'd medicated, etc., not cool!).  I also was having trouble driving, because the big signs on interstate were blurred.  Some breathing problems, too.  When they did the MRI, of course they found an 18mm pineal cyst, and said it was nothing to worry about, not causing these symptoms, and no need for follow up.  Unfortunately, I was so foggy I just went along.  I was diagnosed with migraines, but did wonder since when migraines made me drag my left leg sometimes even without a headache.  I am currently on disability for these things.  I had done better after being put on anti-seizure meds for the migraines, but lately I'm having similar symptoms again to when this all first started, back in 2002.  Could this cyst (lovingly referred to by my friends as my "extra marble") be growing?  Would stumbling, being off balance, less reaction in the left pupil than the right, less reaction in the left side of my uvula than the right (noticed by the chiropractor when he checked me after noticing the balance issues), as well as increased initial symptoms mean this thing is rattling around again?  Time for another MRI?  After the reading I've done, sounds like 18mm isn't a small one...whatcha think??  Should I take my marble to town?

This discussion is related to pineal cyst and headaches.