Foot Neuroma??
For the past several years I have had strange sensations in my left foot and to a lesser extent in my right foot.  At first I thought it was neuropathy but my internist did several blood tests and assured me that I did not have it.  After spending considerable time on the internet doing research, I concluded that I had Morton's Neuroma.  These sensations are not  painful, I just feel some tingling and sometimes it feels like I have a balled up sock under the metatarsal area of my foot.  When I am walking/hiking or even standing, my feet feel fine, It's just when I have bared feet and I am sitting and do not have any weight or just a little weight on my feet that I notice it.  Also, I do not notice it as much if I have socks on and I always wear socks at night.  

About a month ago, I went to a podiatrist and explained by foot situation.  He took xrays, examined my foot and said that I probably had a neuroma.  He gave me a cortisone shot, but unfortunately it had no effect.  When I followed up with him, I emphasized that the sensation is not really noticeable during weight bearing exercise. He told me that I had atypical symptoms, that I may have tarsal tunnel syndrome and he recommended that I have an
EMG/Nerve Compression test to rule out the tarsal tunnel.  

I am a 61 year old female in very good health, quite active, do yoga several times a week and walk regularly.  In the past I have had some lower back/unbalanced pelvic issues which were resolved by a D.O. I do have some arthritis and spinal compression but do not have any pain.

I am not convinced that I have a neuroma, but what could it be and how should I proceed?  Is it better to see an orthopedist specializing in foot problems, a neurologist,  or a podiatrist? I don't think the podiatrist I went to did  the Mulder test.  He did take xrays.

Thank you,
Mary