Aa
A
A
Close
Forehead Osteoma
Several years ago I went to see a plastic surgeon who diagnosed me with a forehead osteoma. I decided I could live with the lump because it wasn't large, but lately it aches some days. Who other than a plastic surgeon should I see to evaluate the osteoma because my internist suggested I see an orthopedist.

An MRI of my brain some 7 years ago (for migraine headaches) did not show the osteoma.

Cancel
4 Answers
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
For serveral years (over 15) I've noticed this bump on my forehead. When I'd mention it to my doctors I felt I was blown off, as they'd just say "Oh, it's a calcium deposit". Knowing for sure it's larger than when I'd first discovered it, I was persistant w/my family doctor that I wanted to know what it is. My family doctor referred me to an ENT doctor. My appt was yesterday (4/13/09) & the Dr. said it was an osetoma. Turns out osteomas on the forehead are very common, and a very simple in office proceedure to remove it. So call your local Ear Nose Throat Dr. & schedule an appt.
Best Wishes,
-RP
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
heyy..wt did u do about the osteoma? Even I have one on my forehead for 6 years now and it has grown over the years..I am scared of getting a surgery...Wt did u do?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
heyy..wt did u do about the osteoma? Even I have one on my forehead for 6 years now and it has grown over the years..I am scared of getting a surgery...Wt did u do?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
My PCP...referred me to a plastic surgeon! ??? I thought maybe a dermatologist! Your suggestion of an ENT sounds correct considering it was successful. I am unsure what doctor to go to now.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources