Frequent, painful headaches

The past almost month I have been experiencing painful headaches on a daily basis. They seem to be gradually getting worse over time. I have taken the recommended amount of over the counter medication will no relief. The headache is located on the top to front of my head and down to both temples. Sometimes I have to strain my eyes to focus on print, though I have always had near perfect vision. Bright lights also do not help the headaches any. I have no past history of migraines so I don't know if that's what I am experiencing. Any ideas to what could be causing this or suggestions? Thanks
How are you? If there is no history of head trauma or secondary causes, this could indeed be due to primary headaches such as migraine headache. Migraine usually presents with throbbing headache and sometimes associated with nausea, vomiting and sensitivity to light and sound. If it persists, you may need to have this checked for proper evaluation. Prescription medication may also be indicated. Try to identify and avoid possible triggers by making a headache journal. Take care and do keep us posted.