Neurology Community
Frontal Lobe Atrophy

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Frontal Lobe Atrophy

My dad was having symptoms of headaches, equilibrium being off, poor memory. He had a CT done and was told that his frontal lobe was unattached from the skull. He told be he had brain atrophy. He was told there is not a good prognosis that he could develop dementia. My mom told me that she was told that the atrophy is normal in people getting older. Dad is 65 yrs old and no family history of dementia or any other neurological diagnosis. Is this normal or should he get a second opinion and a MRI done to verify?  He does have heart problems, had open heart surgery, continues with being tired all the time, low energy, has many vessels in back of heart that are blocked but no one can get to them to fix them because they are too small. He does have depression, bad arthritis in the feet and ankles.  What can you tell me about the above?