Neurology Community
Frustrated in NY

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Frustrated in NY

I to have been having a multiple of neurological symptoms. Muscle pain, joint pain, eye pain, rash on left arm that itches, back pain,  neck, pain, shoulder pain, most of which is on the left side. It sounds like a hypochondriac !! But it is real I have always worked everyday of my life. Until, I had a physical and they gave me a pneumonia vaccine. it has been downhill ever since. Now I did have various pain for years don;t get me wrong. But it has intensified since that day. I have been unable to work and I'm not really sure what they are going to do for me. I had a spinal in which they did a traumatic tap which kinda aggravates me as I waited a week to have it for flora scope and the botched it anyway !! The whole reason for all of this is I landed in the E.R. and had a very high fever. Lack of stability couldn't walk well, memory shot couldn't tell what month it was. My eyes hurt so bad I could barely open them. I couldn't stay wake it was all so horrible it went o n for about 4 weeks like that. Then the symptoms started to improve. But now I am still in a lot of pain. I to get that buzzing feeling in my back pocket area thinking it was my cell phone only to realize I didn't have my cell phone on me! I also get a shaky electrical like feeling on and off in my spine mid back. MRI came back nothing, blood work not much of  anything it did show some infection in system. Not sure what they will do next it is infuriating to fell helpless and with no diagnosis.
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include stress/ anxiety, postural issues, neuro-muscular causes such as muscle sprain, nerve impingement, injuries to muscles/ ligaments etc. inflammations, fractures/ dislocations, bone bruise, causes related to the inner ear, neurological causes, referred pain from other regions, micronutrient deficiencies, hormonal/ endocrine imbalance etc. You could try keeping your back straight and getting a firmer support while sitting, if this does not seem to help, I would suggest getting this evaluated by an internist initially and depending on the cause diagnosed/ suspected, it can be managed accordingly or specialist(s) care may be sought.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!