Further Course for Meningocele
My sister (37yrs old) was operated for meningocele in Nagpur, India in 1975. since then, she has lost her sensations below the waist. the wounds on her legs do not heal over the years. recently, she has also developed swelling on her feet and suffers from constipation. A neurosurgeon in Aurangabad was consulted ten years back for restoring her health and an MRI  was carried out which showed entrapping og nerve ends with little hope of further continuation. please advice latest updates regarding surgeons, clinics for proper treatment.
Hi there. A meningocoele is a sac protrusion from the spinal column containing some spinal fluid and meninges. The sac may be covered with skin or meninges and no neural tissue, located near the brain or along the spinal column. Usually the neurological examination is normal. The surgical repair is expected to have excellent results in the hands of an experienced neurosurgeon since the neural tissue remains intact. I can understand your dilemma for the neurological deficit in your sister. I can suggest Indian spinal injuries centre in New Delhi as one centre. Consult the neurosurgeon there for rehabilitation of your sister. They may further advice or guide you. Take care.