Neurology Community
General Feeling Of Unwellness

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

General Feeling Of Unwellness

Just wondering if anyone out there could maybe help me figure out why i feel so generally unwell, as i have been to about 10 different doctors and have never had even one useful diagnosis or helpful information given to me from one of them.
I am 21 years of age and have been suffering debilitating headaches/migraines for about 4 years now( on average about 5 days out of 7 i have a headache ). I also experience the occasional nose bleed( maybe once every couple of months ).
In the past few months, i have been experiencing light-headedness, nausea, loss of appetite and a little bit of shakiness( in my hands ).The loss of appetite is what really bothers me because up until these few months ago, i was always such a hungry person, even when i got sick with the flu or a cold, i never lost my appetite. Now, even if you put my favourite food in front of me, i start to feel full and sick after just a few bites. Today as i am writing this, i am on my day off from work and need to do a few things around the house but when i get up and start moving around i feel so sick and light-headed.
As i said, I have seen about 10 different doctors and have also had a CT scan, to test for a brain tumour, but all was clear.
I forgot to mention to that in the past week i have lost 2 kilos.
If anyone can help, i would really appreciate it. Thanks......
Avatar n tn
Hi Shinestar,
How are you feeling? Which part of the world do you belong to?
Do you mild fever in evenings? Have you got cough or any other associated symptoms like hemoptysis?
I think it might be Tuberculosis. You should be checking out for this. You can get a Tuberculin test done and chest X-ray.
Complete blood count and ESR study could be done. Mantoux test is the one which will help us in diagnosis.
I am mentioning that this could be a possibility, not that it is the diagnosis.
Keep me informed I would be interested to know further development of disease pathology.
Bye.
Avatar n tn
Thanks for the reply. I am feeling very light headed at the moment and have had a very bad headache all day that i just cant get rid of, even after 6 painkillers today.I dont suffer fever in the evenings but have had an annoying cough that just wont subcide, for about a week now, to the point that i have hurt my stomach muscles from coughing.
I live in Australia.