Neurology Community
Going mad with worry

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Going mad with worry

Hello I have had a mri after testing positive for babinsky sign, I have several issues including neuropathic leg pain. I have some. Speech problems intermittently,  balance. Problems,  my gait. Is not good either,

My mri report is as follows some diffuse high T2 and flare. Signals within the pons leaving a central. RIM of normality around the outside. The neurologist has reviewed the images and points to vascular disease.

I am going mad with worry as I cannot get to see the neurologist for quite. Some while. It would bphelp me if I know hat these. Terms means.

Thanking anyone that canhelp PLEASE
Hi there!

Babinski is a specific sign seen in a few neurological conditions, the common ones being UMN lesions/ strokes. T2 hyperintensity and flare are descriptions of radiological images. With the clinical and radiological evidence the symptoms appear to be due to areas of reduced blood supply to the brain resulting in ischaemia. It would be best to discuss the situation and the suggested management plan in detail with your treating neurologist.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Thank you