Aa
A
A
Close
Grinding in neck/squishy scalp
I wake up with instant headache, feel like my sight is blurred, grinding in my neck when turning my head and when I press on my scalp, I hear a squishy noise.  I'm afraid something is really wrong with me.  I had a CT scan of my sinuses and the results of that was a deviated septum and a pollup in my right nostril.  ENT had me take Singular and it hasn't really helped much.  What shall I do about this situation?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
4358817 tn?1353349812
I have the exact same problem. I wake up with an instant head ache and blurred vision. My feel like I need to "pop" my neck to alleviate some pressure but it only helps for a couple seconds. The bottom of my head going into the base of my neck is very sensitive to pressure and I have neck muscle tics as a result. I am no expert, but from my personal experience:

I have seen my neurologist because of these head aches as well as frequent migraines. (I do not think your neck grinding is a result of of a deviated septum but again I am no doctor) From my personal experience I was told that the neck grinding headaches are tension headaches which can be relieved with hot/cold packs, a seasoned chiropractor, and if necessary medication. I was also told that my posture was a big factor, so I have had to re-learn how to sit and stand properly. I was taking Topamax (Topiramate) for my migraines which my Doctor told me also helps with tension headaches. I had to quit taking the Topamax  because it made me extremely aggressive and slow in thought. Now I am taking Flexeril (Cyclobenzaprine) as needed and going to Physical Therapy twice a week. I have been going for the past three weeks and I have seen tremendous results but I still have a long way to go.

I hope you can find a way to cope or alleviate your head aches, they are not fun and make simple tasks seem like momentous ones. Good luck.
Comment
Cancel
4358817 tn?1353349812
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources