Neurology Community
HELP!! I need to understand what MRI's mean

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

I am a 43 year old female, and was diagnosed with DDD at 25 yrs old due to an injury. I have had 3 spine surgeries on L-4, L-5, L-5, S-1 when I was 25 (disckectomy,) then at 26, laminectomy, (due to post op Staph infection from the hospital). Then I had a spinal fusion in 1999 on those discs, in low back. I had a titanium cage from the anterior and bone graft from hip, and then we found out (unknown to any of us) that i was pregnant. Apparently, the pregnancy test I'd taken pre-surgery, didn't show up as I was "barely pregnant" at that point.Baby boy was delivered via "C" section (of course) as they were too scared to affect spine fusion in vaginal birth. Scary, I know, but the baby lived, grew and was healthy and now is 14 years old. (Lots of prayers said then ; ) I have had SEVERE pain since those days, and now have discovered new problems, due to all of the pain I have been having the last few years, in upper back & neck. Levels t-6/7 show there is a small central disc protrusion that impinges mildly on the thecal sac. At the T7/8 level, there are also evidence of a small central disc herniation that impinges mild upon the thecal sac. At T9/10 level there is also a small central disc protrusion as well, just to the right of the midline. These disc protrusions/herniation impinge mildly upon the thecal sac but do not appear to result in significant spinal cord compression. At the C6-7 level, there is minimal central disc protrusion that impinges negligably upon the thecal sac foraminal stenosis is noted. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?? as the pain is unreal to breathe and coughing is unbearable!! Low back is brutal pain always- shooting, dull aching, and sciatica pain in both legs, and SI joints on both sides are a mess (painwise) Can someone PLEASE put this in layman's terms??? Looking forward to someone helping me with some "REAL" answers.
Tags: spinal