HELP!!!!Meaning of results of MRI of the brain
My 12 year old son has been suffering form strong episodes of migraines for the last couple of years, and they are getting worse every time. He had 2 MRI done in 2007 and 2008. The findings were:
2007 MRI: Small left posterior periventicular focal area of increased T-2 weighted signal is noted consistent with a tiny are of gliosis versus demyelination. Significance, if any, needs to be correlated clinically.
2008 MRI: Small area of signal abnormality in the left posterior periventicular white matter, likely gliosis or demyelination.
He has been taking, topomax daily for almost a year and when he has episodes Zomig 5mg and Butalbital 50/325 (2 pills and after 4 hours 1 more)
Can you please let me know what are this findings and what should I do as this migraines continue to get worse.
hi lilisalpi,,
It looks like you are not satisfied with your present doctor. in that case, you should consult the second doctor.
I am teiing you all these is because it's the responsibility of your treating doctor to inform you about the details of the MRI scan as well as tell you about the progress as he is only 12 years, growing child.
So follow this advice.
Demylenating features are not a good sign on MRI.

regards