HLHS and low oxygen levels
  My 8 month old son has hypoplastic left heart syndrome and the acceptable oxygen saturation range for this condition is 75 to 85% O2.  During the day he stays within this range, but during the night when he sleeps he drops into the 60s.  We put supplimental oxygen on him and with 1.5 L of supplimental oxygen, he may come into the high 60s to low 70s (no more than 73).  Has there been any research done on the affects of low O2 and neurological development in HLHS kiddos?  How low is too low for "normal" development?  He is post Glenn (2/13/07) with a BT shunt still in place and a pulminary artery band (5/7/07) between the Glenn Shunt and BT shunt.  He has also been on ECMO after 45 mins of CPR (back in November 2006).  Any input you can give me would be greatly appreciated.  
Thank you,
Tammy
PS I saw yesterday in a post from 2001 that one of the doctors (CCF Neuro[P]-M.D.-RPS) on this site has done some expertise on HLHS kids.
PSS For more information on Tyler, please see his carepage at www.carepages.com and his carepage is TylerCurtis