Neurology Community
Half Foot Numbness

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Half Foot Numbness

I have developed numbness in my left foot.  Numbness is only on the left half of my foot from the ankle to the toes.  It is starting to bother me considerably and slowly getting worse.  it started about 10 days ago during and after two days of skiing for the first time in 25 years.  the boots were terribly uncomfortable.  the one on my left foot especially hurt my left ankle.  i am certain the numbness and constant tingling (pins and needles) is related to the boot pressure against my left ankle area. I haven't visited a doctor yet as don't have the $200 office visits now cost.  ugh....anybody, any suggestions on what this is and how to treat?
My left foot is numb as well. I believe this is due to a pinched nerve in the base of my spine. My pinky and ring finger on my left hand go numb as well sometimes, due to another pinched nerve in my left elbow. The only thing I have been told to relieve this other than surgery (which is a very last option) is to stretch the affected area.