Hand Spasms When Yawning
For a while now I've been having a severe, but short lived, tremor of my right hand whenever I yawn.  It begins slowly but really takes off during the exhale of the yawn.   About nine months ago my doctor found a moderate clonis reaction of my right achiles tendon during a basic neuro exam he was giving me due to numbness in my legs.  An MRI showed what appeared to be minor brain sclerosis assumed to have happened 8 years ago from an auto accident. The clonis has since disappeared and is still unexplained.  Could these be related?  What could cause tremors of my right hand when yawning?  Any information would be greatly appreciated since I don't feel I'm getting answers here at home.
Thanks again
Hi.

It might be unlikely that a relation exists.

Have you suffered from any seizures before? Any other symptoms? How old are you now?

The tremors you have been experiencing may just be physiologic tremors exacerbated by the yawning. Aside from this, there is also a possibility, although less likely, that you have been experiencing benign essential tremors.

If it does not happen at any other time when you're doing something else, it would probably be advisable to observe your symptoms for the moment.

Hope this helps.

It is really very difficult to pin point the exact cause of tremors on yawning. Are you under a lot of stress? Stress and excessive fatigue and anxiety can cause these symptoms.
At the same time brain sclerosis also causes hand tremors but the association with yawning is not heard off.
Do you have any other symptoms and also if you don't mind i would like to know your age?
I would suggest you to consult a neurologist.
I am 34 years old.  I've not had seizures.  I do however get dizzy lately, not vertigo, I just sometimes lose balance and fall over.  In september I had a bad fall from a flatbed trailer and hadn't realized I'd fallen till I broke my arm and leg.
Also, I did have carpal tunnel surgery in both hands about 16 months ago, though I doubt that has anything to do with it.

Thanks again for your opinions

I would suggest you to consult a neurologist immediately as you need to undergo a complete neurological evaluation and possibly some tests. Do not delay it. Take care!
Have you been tested for chiari malformation?