Hand tremors in children
My 6-yr daughter has been under the car of a pediatric endocrinologist for 18 months due to delayed growth. She dropped to the 0.8% in both height and weight. The dr has tested all her hormone levels with just a standard blood test, as well as testing her for Turner syndrome and celiac disease, but everything came back normal. She is now on an appetite stimulant, which has certainly caused her to eat more, but I still haven't seen much growth. The next step with the endocrinologist is to do the 3-hr blood test to check her growth hormone. About 4months ago, we noticed our daughter Molly has fine hand tremors also. Her hand tremors are not normally noticeable to most people, but they become far worse in the morning when she first wakes up or when she is tired. We have an appointment with a pediatric neurologist in 3 wks and a check-up with her endocrinologist in 4 weeks. I just can't help but think the hand tremors may be a symptom of what's also causing the delayed growth. What kinds of tests will the neurologist do on our first visit, if any, and what questions do I need to ask him to make sure I make the most of my time with him?
I know you wrote this several years ago...so hoping maybe you are an old pro by know and you got some answers and advice...my little champ, now 23 months old does not even register on the growth charts. He has a hand tremor as well, very noticable. He had been tested for celiac as well, normal. He was on elecare formula for his first year, and that was all he could eat, no other foods. now he eats any and everything. he loves veggies, milk, water, meat, everything. He does have delayed gastric emptying...but he is a tiny fellow, and has those hand tremors still...did you figure out what was causing it in your peanut? did she ever catch up?