Neurology Community
Hand tremors in children
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hand tremors in children

My 6-yr daughter has been under the car of a pediatric endocrinologist for 18 months due to delayed growth. She dropped to the 0.8% in both height and weight. The dr has tested all her hormone levels with just a standard blood test, as well as testing her for Turner syndrome and celiac disease, but everything came back normal. She is now on an appetite stimulant, which has certainly caused her to eat more, but I still haven't seen much growth. The next step with the endocrinologist is to do the 3-hr blood test to check her growth hormone. About 4months ago, we noticed our daughter Molly has fine hand tremors also. Her hand tremors are not normally noticeable to most people, but they become far worse in the morning when she first wakes up or when she is tired. We have an appointment with a pediatric neurologist in 3 wks and a check-up with her endocrinologist in 4 weeks. I just can't help but think the hand tremors may be a symptom of what's also causing the delayed growth. What kinds of tests will the neurologist do on our first visit, if any, and what questions do I need to ask him to make sure I make the most of my time with him?