Hand twitching
My left thumb has been bending in under my hand as well as my pointer finger twitching back and forth. What could this be? It is on my left hand, and I am right handed. It is concerning to me, and I don't know if there might be a neurolgical reason to this twitching and my hand "crumpling in" I am 29 years old
I think you need to relax.
Muscles twitching are also called as fasciculation’s. Muscle twitching is the result of minor local muscle contractions or the uncontrollable twitching of a single muscle group served by a single motor nerve fiber or filament. Some minor muscle twitching is common and goes unnoticed, but some may be sign of underlying neurological disorder.
Benign twitches are normal and quite common, often triggered by stress or anxiety. Any irregularity in your daily diet can also cause similar symptoms. Any drug overdose especially caffeine. Exercise can also induce twitching.
Alternatively, your median nerve could have been injured or irritated some where.
Does flexion of the wrist completely for 1 min produces numbness, tingling, and pain in the hand? If yes, then it could be median nerve pathology.
Anterior-Posterior, lateral, and oblique radiographs should be obtained as the 1st step in imaging.
You should be seeing a neurologist at earliest to assess your symptoms.
Keep me informed.
Bye.