Neurology Expert Forum
Hands - Tingling
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Hands - Tingling

My hands have become very sensitive to any pressure and touch, especially my finger tips.  I have problems carrying my briefcase and chopping food.  A red line or mark is left even with the slightest amount of pressure.  The skin on my hands doesn't feel as resilient as it use to.  It hurts to crumble up a piece of paper or to use a paperclip.  Both leave dents in my hands.  

If my hands are down below my heart they take on a red reticulated look. If I hold them above my head they go back to the normal white color. Sometimes my fingers will tingle and throb when I've been using them alot. Also, sometimes I can feel heat coming off of my hands. If I'm in a very hot room, above 85, my hands will go red and throb.

I had blood test for lupus and ms which were normal. My other blood work is also normal, sed rate, c reactive protein and ANA anti-bodies. All other blood normal. MRI of brain also normal.

The MRI of my cervical spine showed significantly more deterioration than expected of 46 old female.  There is multilevel degenerative disk disese (disease) at C3-4, C4-5, C5-6 and C6-7, with loss of intervertebral disk height and signal.  At C3-4, there is mild to moderate stenosis of the left neural foramen.  At C4-5, C5-6 and C6-7 there is disk bulge. The anterior thecal sac is slightly dented at C4-5 and C6-7.

The MRI of thoracic spine showed a spinal syrinx from T9 to T11, measuring 2mm in diameter.  

Could my spine be the cause of the problem with hands? What treatment will the syrinx require treatment?

Many thanks for taking my question!!!