Have i had a concussion/can I fly if I did have one?
Around a week ago I was at a friends house.  We were rough-housing around when I fell backwards and hit my head.  Unfortunately, we were both somewhat inebriated so I don't know if I was knocked unconcious or not.  There was a sore spot on my head behind my ear the next morning.  For the past week I have had some pains in my head, but only when shaking it fast, bending down to pick something up, or tensing my abdominals.  This has not been enough to stop me from going to work, or even playing tennis and I haven't had a problem with either.  I was a little dizzy one night but it was late and after a long busy day.  I think it has been getting better as the week goes on however it's improving at a very slow pace.  My main concern is a 10 hour flight I'm going to be on in a few days.  Have I had a concussion, and if I did have one, is it OK for me to be on a plane?
Thanks for your help
If the concussion was on the top or back of your head, do not fly for at least two weeks, especially if it's a long flight, or high elevation.  The air pressure could create pressure on your brain giving you permanent damage without being able to feel as it's happening.  If the concussion is on the front or sides of the  head, you can fly after one week but take precautions in constantly releasing pressure from your nasal passages.

Good Luck

RW