Have problem w appt at U Miami Neurosurgery
I have been trying for more than three weeks to get an appointment with a top neurosurgeon at U of Miami (Levi) and it's like pulling teeth. Had all me records from local doctors faxed to him. No one will return my calls. After 5 calls just this morning they called me to say they didn't get all the records! Now they will try to get them and call me back! Those are the words I hate...call you back!! They don't! Has anyone had this problem? Am I doing something wrong? I am 100 miles south of Miami and in terrible pain. Any suggestions? Any suggestions on other doctors in south Florida.???
Hi!
I am sorry to hear about appointment delays. I am not sure regarding the exact procedure for this. However, I believe that it may help if your local doctors will refer you to a hospital there. Please ask your local doctor to intervene. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Thank you for your help. I had tried getting my local doctors to "refer" me. In the mean time I have an appointment this thursday. The excuse for the delay was that the doctors appointment setter and intake person was on Jury duty and no one checked her messages? Sounds like a lame excuse. I do hope all this will be worth my wait!
Again thank you!