Neurology Expert Forum
Having constant drunk feeling for last year(but no dizziness)
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Having constant drunk feeling for last year(but no dizziness)

I have constant 24/7 feeling of being intoxicated, having slurry, fuzzy, hazy vision. As if I'm watching world through the glass. I feel less aware of everything around me, and have feeling of lightheadedness as if I will loose consciousness. I feel spaced out all the time and foggy as if having cotton in my head. I can't clear my head.

I have very hard time concentrating on anything. I'm looking at words or anything around me and just don't comprehend anything quickly. The worst is when there is lots of stimuli (supermarkets, traffic, people) I feel overloaded and can't focus. I also have hard time following and comprehending speech. Just like when under influence of alcohol.

My memory is very hazy, everything I do I hardly remember it next day. It's just the same as if I'd like to remember what I did when I was drunk. I have no problems remembering things before the day this happened to me but after that, all I try to remember is blank.

My responses are heavily slowed down. If I try playing cards, watching action movies or playing video games, I have very hard time following what is happening. Exactly the same when being drunk.

My symptoms started episodically, almost 2 years ago in summer after first year of college.I was very anxious type of guy all my life (but not anymore now!) They lasted from hours to even days and they then disappeared. They were evoked when having to concentrate in college, being nervous or when exercising. They set in permanently when one day I got heavily drunk, lost consciousness, badly fell on ground and was in comatosed state for 10 hours(I wasn’t used to drink, I never drank) and have been lasting for a year now. My CT, EEG, EKG, MRI came back normal. I have tried with numerous drugs like antipsychotics, antidepressants and tranquilizers of no avail.

Does this seem neurological or psychiatric nature to you or something else? I’d be really glad if anyone could give me any advices.