Head/Ear Pain
I have had severe "headaches" in the back right side of my head for the past year.  It feels like someone hit me.  Even sore to the touch.  Now for the last few months my right ear has been hurting.  At first I thought it was an ear infection (even though I've never had them before) and the urgent care Dr. put me on a z-pac.  Cleared up for a few weeks but the pain is back but different, very deep, jabbing pain and in conjunction with head pain is terrible.  Keeps me awake at night.  Whats going on?
Do you have any existing ear problems?  Have you had many ear infections?

You need to see an ENT ( Ear Nose and Throat) specialist so they can rule out conditions of the ear.  I suffered for a few years with pain behind the left ear.  A CT scan showed I had a cholestaetoma (benign growth) in and behind the ear space.  This gave me a lot of pain but can be removed.  There are other things that may cause pain in the area you describe but it is worthwhile having this option looked at also.