Neurology Community
Head Pain on left side towards back of head

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

A few years ago I started having pain and burning in my left arm, hip leg and left side of head. I also had pain in the left side of my chest. EKG said everything was okay. I was put on Lyrica and then many other meds. Including pain meds. None of them helped. Since then my leg and arm pain has gradually gotten better but I still have problems with the left side of my head a lot. It seems to have gotten worse. There is a spot on the back left side of my head, about the size of a half-dollar, that hurts off and on. At no particular time and isn't brought on by anything in particular. They did an MRI on me and said it looked fine, no MS but I did have some unusual white brain matter. I have been to a neurologist and she said I seemed fine and not to come back. I also notice that the left side of my neck seems to swell up down into my upper shoulder sometimes. I also have noticed that my left ear seems like it is closed up a little. I have no hearing loss or obstruction and no wax problem. Also, the pain in my chest still comes and goes on the left side sometimes but now it also hurts in the middle and sometimes on the right side. I have been to so many doctors and specialists and nobody can figure out what is wrong. My doctor even said he couldn't do anything else and referred me to another doctor. Now that doctor has given up also. Do you have any ideas? I also wonder if I happen to have more than one thing happening to me at once. A few years ago, when all of this started happened, it all started hurting in a matter of days though and hasn't gone away.  Do you have any suggestions about where I should go from here? I am to the point where I can live with the pain, I just don't want it to be something that is going to kill me without warning. I really want to be here for my kids.
im going through the same thing
so frickin annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  i dislocated my shoulder woke up dizzy with the pain
happaned a month ago
do u have any updates ?
ok it all started 2 weeks of  intense work out ... change in life style healthy  eating  suddenly ....  i noticed a bulge in my stomach with a slight dul pain
dr said its fine .. next dr said its all good.... the dr after that said its all normal  but very  odd :/ so he wanted scans ( next month so 2 weeks away ) then i dislocated my arm ... from the shoulder ..... they used morphine and madaslim on me to keep me calm while they shoved it back in
i came home watched sienfield had some food and went to bed woke up once realised my fingers were numb  woke up again realised i was dizzy and confused saying to my mum somethings wrong she went to work i took a lil nap to calm down abit
dr the next day said  its just nervs and from the drugs relax
next day another dr said .. no it shouldnt of done that no way
day after that  this other dr checked my  reflexes and all and said its ok doesnt seem to be a issue atm so i got blood tests  ... came back as my B low potasium low and folate acid also ENlarged red cels:/ ..... got more blood takenn waiting to see the dr in 7 days  so far this is day 29 .....
the pain is odd ...
i was under alot of confusion.......wich is odd ive bled from the nose alot ... i spewed up a few times when i was dizzy
(started as a numb feeling  around the top part of my scalp above the ear  this odd feeling in my ear  and eye ... the eye bulged feeling....  i even thought oh man... im gonna die   ........its changed  abit the  dizzyness stoped ... its just the numbness )  the eye dr said noway its got anything to do with my eye... he said it looked like i was under alot of stress
im not sure if i wanna tell my parents but today i was sitting there with a pen with afamily member and she said ur hand i looked down and realised there was  blood dripping from  it  from the pen.... and i was shocked ..... i also remembered how i feel better in dreams then in real wich scares me alot...
i feel like im dieing....i bleed from my nose  in the shower and almost  fell over...
idont feel good at all  
my body has virbrated too.. alot   ..... i find showers calm it down
my dr thinks my livers in troubel too... so im confusedddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
he ended up saying my  v b and folates normal :/  this time around wich was odd
cels r still enlarged
he also said stress and anxietys causing this  
without no tests just gave me  anxiety meds and said come back later.....
for one week now have been experiencing pressure on left sidee of head abo. wonderve my ear. not painful, just un-nerving pressure which each day gets more intense. now my left eye and side of face feels funny. when I lay down the slight pressure with a little pain is still there no matter which side I lay on. getting scared. thinkihng of tumors or anuerisms etc..probably parinoid but worried. my vision gets off during the evening and see better with glasses off, no pain in neck . wonder if I am just nervois because I am by myself away from my home babysitting animals and recentoy celebrated birthday by myself. could this be just emotional? if pressure and vision problems still there next week think I will check in with doctor although I dont wnt to seem like I am a hypocondriac. just had a glass of wine and took two tylenols and feel somewhat better but am worried. should I be?