Head Pain
Hello

I have had Pain In my head for 4 months getting steadily worse. to the point I cant work or sleep for long. the pain is right above my right ear. it is a constant pain I have tried. Advil, extra strength Tylonal, Omnaris, Sinus anti inflammatory's, allergy meds, 2 nights ago the pain was so sever even after taking Tylonal extra strength at max does I ended up in the hospital. they prescribed me Naproxen 500mg. and the pain has dulled but still not gone away. they told me they think it is a viral infection. i just want to sleep for more then 2 hours at a time with out pain. and to be able to fall asleep with having to go to the point i pass out. and wake up shortly after. what can I do to stop the pain?
Hi!
I am sorry to hear about your medical problems.  It is difficult to diagnose the cause of headaches on net, but it is unlikely to be viral if it is persisting for 4 months. Sinusitis, refractive errors of the eye, migraine, cluster headaches, brain tumors and aneurysms, high blood pressure, stress, tension headaches, temporal arteritis, pinched cervical spinal nerve, TMJ,  poor or disturbed sleep etc are several causes of headaches. Dental pain and ear ache due to infection or impacted wax can cause similar symptoms. Needless to say, a persisting headache should be investigated.  Please consult your family doctor to start with. You may need to consult a headache and migraine specialist too. Hope this helps. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.