Neurology Community
Head Presure and feels like air bubbles in my head

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

I'm 20 years old I have been to a Neurologist and have had many CAT scans done and they have all came back normal. I have also been diagnosed with Narcolepsy, and have a low iron deficiency as well. Everywhere I go I seem to be getting no where with anyone as far as whats going on with my head. It feels like air-pockets or bubbles roaming in my head. It started about 7 months ago and persisted for about 3 months and then it went away and now recently i started to feel the air-pockets or bubbles in my head again. I am currently taking a temporary blood-pressure medication right now and all I want to know is can you give me advise as to what i need to do or can you recommend me the best Doctor you know and it doesnt matter where he/she is i will go there.
hi Im also 20 and i have some of your symptoms. I can feel air blowing in my head and i can feel the arteries above my eye  doesnt hurt but its just annoying. I had an mri done with contrast and didnt show anything. I went to 2 neurologists and they both said it was headaches. is this what ur feeling?
I am 45 and have the same thing. It also feels like the veins in my chest and back are bulging and it is very painful. I also have pain in left abdominal and get weak. I recently saw a GI specialists after seeing every other doctor and several scans. The GI is having me tested for Celiacs disease. This is the inability to digest Gluten. Many of the symtons with this are neurological and biological and can affect every system in body. Your ammune (immune) system is unleashed and attacks you. It can even cause dental and orthopedic problems look into this. You also might want to look into a blood flow teset such as angiography.
I also need to tell you the low iron is a big indicator with Celiac disease and this disease causes damage to your small intestinne but once diet maintained it repairs itself. Also the head thing to me feels like brain gets hard and nose and laying on pillow feels like head on cement. Do you feel this?
hi i am also 20 years old and feel all of the same symptoms at night. The bubbles come and go but resetley they have gotten worse. I experince sharp pains in my legs and my forarms. along with the left side of my chest. i used to be a healthy competive swimmer of 14 years and never felt anything until i stopped taking zoloft, and i know something is wrong. i know cant sleep at night in fear that i know something is going on with my body and scared i wont wake up. can some one give me answers
I had several of these symptoms as well.....DON'T WORRY.  I even had chest pain one morning, was admitted to the hospital, and subsequently had every test performed in the book.  NOTHING.  It gets better.  The answer: simply don't pay any mind to it.  FInd a new, comforting fall back though (if that makes sense): when you are done concentrating on the task at hand, don't fall back to thinking about your head....it will be all good.
I am 24 years old and I suffer from the same bubbling sensation in my head (particularly the left side). I also feel mentally tired and drowsy when it happens.  However it doesn`t manifest constantly but it is triggered by particular situations such as stress or after I ve been playing videogames for over half an hour (I dont play videogames very often for the record, not since I have been feeling the bubbling sensation). Can anybody provide a medical explanation for these annoying symptoms?
I just felt the bubbling in my head and its really scary , I looked it up and found this site... I get this a lot !
Usually right after STRESS or while I'm on the computer ! It feels like a vein in My head is bubbling and bulges out
I went to the doctor a few yrs ago
And He said take Advil.
It doesn't make it less scary ... But I'm not sure if its from being tired , from anxiety or if the anxiety is caused cause a person doesn't know what's happening ...
Hi am 21 and i've been feeling the same thing for about 2 months now . . this tigling sensation on my head sometimes my head would get itchy where ever i felt the bubbly sensation . . i shaved my head and the itchness went away but the tigly bubbly sensation is still there . . !! i will get tired drowsy when this happens too. . !! plz help . .

and let me know if u get a diognosis . . the norologist i went to didnt know what to make of it . . plz reply !!
Everyone, I strongly suggest you get tested with lyme...hopefully just to rule it out.
I became suddendly celiac and digestive system problems out of the blue along with blubbling sensation in my body that comes and goes...my test would always come back normal and I finally found a doctor who decided to test me for lyme.

Its become more and more common and it mimics some many illness.
I have experienced the bubbling sensation for the last two years as a result of stress.  Getting stressed about it just encourages it.  I have just worked out a mental method for how to deal with it:

1)  DO NOT RESIST OR TENSE UP.  Relax around the bubbles.  Allow them to do what they want.  Regard them without passing any judgement, it is no concern of yours.

2)  Observe the bubbling in your head as if from outside.  Imagine that it is an external phenomenon OCCURRING TO SOMEONE ELSE.  Focus on the white conscious space surrounding the bubbling black rather than on the bubbling black itself.

I have found the bubbling to dissipate once I do this.  Getting stressed about it just encourages it to repeat and become an ingrained behavioural pattern.  Engaging in stressful behavioural patterns is harmful, teach yourself not to.  In my experience, the bubbles are not harmful in and of themselves, just don't pay any attention.  
Folks,
I have had the bubbling/fizzing thing in my neck (for me - it seems like it is right in the center of my neck, like right where my spinal column would come from) for the past 25 years.  Sometimes, if my ears seem clogged, I can hear something that sounds like a grating / gritty sound as I turn my neck.  I pay no mind to it anymore.  If it was something major, it probably would have led to major things by now.  My suspicion is that there is some kind of eustachian tube dysfunction going on here.  I think the fizzing sound is coming somewhere from the tubes or sinus regions, possibly the ethmoid sinus which are smaller and buried in the interior of the skull.
Hi I'm 20 (female) and have had a very different headache to what I usually experience. It's like a pressure against my skull as though my brain wants to escape. Then a few minutes ago I experienced the bubbles popping inside my face/head and immediately looked online. I will let you know if it goes away, i do hope it is only related to stress and computer usage!
I also have different bubbling sounds in my head, and also a sound that is a lot like pop rocks candy. A couple of years ago I was diagnosed with pseudo tumor cerebri or Increased Intracranial Pressure, where my cerebral spinal fluid (CSF) pressure was too high. When your pressure gets high it can cause you to have several symptoms because pressure is being put on your brain. It can also cause pressure on your optic nerve which can cause visual disturbances. After this diagnosis, I was also diagnosed with narcolepsy, and hypothyroidism. Because my thyroid levels were always in the normal range, and I went misdiagnosed for so long, they seem to think my underactive thyroid caused my pressure to go up. My other doctor that diagnosed narcolepsy, said people who have pseudotumor cerebri usually have narcolepsy. It is linked but they are not sure how. The popping sounds...I was told it is your pressure/CSF. If your vision is acting up, gray vision, or it goes in an out, or double or triple vision, etc. Have a opthalmologist or neuroopthamologist look in your eyes when it is acting up so they have a better chance of discovering it. If you have any ?'s, please ask, I know how it feels to wonder and not know, or begin to think it must be all in your head. Chattbutterfly
wow cant believe how many of you have posted here. I am 26 now and have experienced problems like this for near 8 years. The problems I have are like a bubble or clogged blood vessel in my brain/head. Its as though my blood flow has stopped and the pressure builds and builds until the bubble passes through. I have lost many nights sleep over this for fear of not waking up. I also get a similar feeling in my chest, left side. Like a bubble or buiding of pressure. I smoke weed and have done for more than 10 years now and do try and relate the two. I find that mostly I feel this at night, when Im ready to go 2 sleep. I put my head on the pillow and try to unwind but it is as if my mind doesnt want to let go, not until the bubble has gone. Now wether that be in my head or chest as soon as it has passed I am fine for another 24 hours. Whether this can be related to anxiexty I dont know but I do feel as though when Im anxious I am more likley to get this problem. Can anybody explain just what this is and any lasting way to combat it?
corroborate in my country all so using that techniques odf brani damage for manipulate as , their tell as , and everyone her smoething about that , its so sad why are goverment using as lika expierience rabith..

i am lost some thing from my mobility in one day , when normaly some tissue from your brain die their send some message to others cells and tissue starfing change part whis are ably to take lost due, in that cause its imposible, you liost a cells , that tissue are more plastic but lost some deifinition and memory..

if some one using that techniques to many time its dangerous , some one find that to help people whit traumatic stroke brain changes , ut police using that in my country for makes some example of side efects and just look afeter what hapend to us, they dont want help but using that lika special weapon.

you are need just go away from the and everything go avay , am dont know you , may be you are wrong person and its for you or you are just are manipulated lika most of polisch people .

have nice thinking about that cause.
I apologize for spelling errors : its mean some one heard about that bubbles in head butt they are hear inside own head or from others who are get that.

when I wake up, I feel a burning taste in the mouth, like burnt meat ... Sometimes these bubbles last shorter in the morning and then I feel the smell of rich in proline, just reek of other people who are "fried".
  I'm writing here because your president has suggested to you what is happening in our country on the example of Nazi concentration camps.

perhaps that bubbles in head or other part in body , we have the so-called algorithms, literally tuning frequency and mental activities that the algorithm is selected on the basis of the genetic code .. and, of course, does not inform the population, they treat us like laboratory animals, causing paranoia and shizofrenię or when the people like that used in the testing of the manipulation of the psyche and the valorizing on them by the authorities with sociopaths.

I only know that in the cooking and the effect of bubbles in the head softens the brain tissue and then it encodes a lithium ion and other metal

unknown at this but it works wonders, but unfortunately it is also used as a punishment and a means to manipulate public opinion or few people for make some tragical story for make feed back.

The temporal cold war hear the influence of the subconscious subcortical using electromagnetic radiation.
Pascal and his frog, and then Tesla and his spark, Edison with the radio, well, and unfortunately, Dr. Mengele and his experiments on humans in extreme stages of the disease and poisons...

We once again used to test medical inventions without our knowledge..
the same in the U.S. carried out experiments on humans, eg by spraying various substances on the ignorant crowd of people, etc

This neuro programming is very promising but in the hands of people like those who 60 years ago and conquered the country and it użądzili slaughterhouse for Jews of Europe, I would not want that now our people are accounted for and sentenced to the same fate as the victims of the Holocaust.

Oppression in our country, affecting mainly: poor, manipulated and smoker's and people are open to others and those who know too much ..
by people who care only for power and their rations, money and position and does not depend on the good of society.and all people.
Stress!  I also had the same popping sound and head pressure.  Saw everyone and had all kinds of test.  I was put on antidepressants and they went away.  My advice is to see a psychiatrist and psychologist to get meds and work through stressors in a healthy way then slowly work yourself on and off meds.  Anti depressants are tricky and you need to get on them slowly and off them slowly and they don't work overnight and they are not a cure all.  Good luck!  
My somewhat same symptoms started when for 2 weeks straight, was sleeping on a moldy couch,which I didn't realize until it was too late. My eyes were extremely red, and I had extremely painful bubbly sensation in the front of of brain to a little beyond the temples, bloody scab-like hard mucus (boogers) out of my nose, and bloody noses everyday. After realizing that it was the couch, I immediately got rid of it and it eventually got better over time, but not perfect, I still get that bubbly sensation, but not nearly as intense and my nostrils do scab up, out of the blue from tie to time. My depression is chronic and I tend to forget things and basic spellings of words.   Anybody else have mold brain issues like this or similar?
Yes, I'm 36 healthy male and I also for about one of hardly no rest have had this weird bubbly sensation in the left part of my head. It feels like oxygen moving through my veins but really doesn't hurt. Yes it's a little frightening but
I'm drinking a couple of beers to unwind and maybe that'l help. I also found this site out of being concerned of the matter.
Hey guys, recently I boarded a plane and had most of the symptoms posted on here when we were going down. I felt as though a facial vein was going to pop out of my face and I couldn't handle it. I even started crying because I felt it in my eye. In my situation, the cause might've been because I was about to get sick, the change in pressure, and me traveling from the Caribbean to New Jersey and back during different seasons. The first time it happened, mucus was coming out of my nose and it wasn't pleasant. The second time I boarded, I only felt the "vein popping" sensation. I found this website that can maybe help some of you in this type of situation or even if you are interested in just looking at it:

http://www.webmd.com/migraines-headaches/guide/sinus-headaches

I hope this helps at least someone.
My recommendation is to take a pain relief pill before boarding the plane.
Have a great day guys!
do you wear glasses? I dont know if it is related but the problem went away  after I went through corrective eye surgery for myopia. If you do, try not wearing them for a couple of days to check if it is related
I am a 36 yo healthy male and get extreme bouts of rage where I feel a fresh poured soda fizz throughout my face and taste blood in my mouth and pain in my chest n back  as well as residual headache. I am self employed for 18 yrs now and employees mainly and occasionally my young children misbehaving is the onset cause. concerns me deeply due to paternal grandfathers aneurism (aneurysm) death as well as 4 of his bros n sis as well. I am deathly afraid of leaving my wife and kids alone and cant find a stress release avenue, please can anyone help, I have adhd, ocd, and ptsd to compound the matter and want to see my kids grow up.
Did you ever find out what you had? I feel the same that's why.