Neurology Community
Head Vibrations

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Head Vibrations

I need to find out why I keep getting what I call head vibrations.  About every 3 months I get this vibration in my head its like something in there is just vibrating, its not spinning I have balance so vertigo has been ruled out.  I went to a doctor the other day and he told me its migraines but yet I've never had a headache so severe that I couldn't handle it.  The one thing that stops this vibration is an antibiodic.  I've normally had sinus problems so each time this problem arrived I would go to the doctor giving them systems of a sinus infections in return they'd give me a antibiotic.  Now that its discovered I don't have sinus infections I questioned why the antibiotic works, and the conclusion I've came to on my own is there's some type of infection in my body.  But I'm still not sure is there any help someone can give me so that I catch whatevers going on hopefully sooner than later.  By the way this has been going on for 3 years.

Thanks for writing in.
It is a very unusual problem and it is difficult to give a straightforward answer. There can be many causes of head vibrations like insomnia, fatigue, low blood glucose, neuropathy and sinusitis.
It is very difficult to tell why this symptom gets relieved by antibiotics when there is no sinus infection. Did you undergo CT scan of sinuses just to make sure?

Hi all. I am new to this site. I too suffer head vibrations. Its like putting a back massager on your head. My vision vibrates with these spells and I get dizzy with them. It seems to be worse if I look down. It doesn't happen all the time but it always reminds me that it is there and that another spell can hit at any time. It even happens sometimes when I am driving. I think that I suffer sinusitus and I almost always have sinus pressure. I don't know what is wrong with me but it scares the peanut butter out of me and I have been going through it for quite a few years. Any ideas?