Neurology Community
Head pain and dizziness

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Head pain and dizziness

For the past week I have had vertigo.  I don't ever have it when I wake up in the morning but within a few hours it is there and lasts all day.  At the same time, I have been experiencing headaches that are not normal for me.  The pain is in different areas of the head - sometimes it is shooting pains on the top of my head in two different places (that last for only a second) and then there is a more constant pressure type pain on the left side of my head, right above my ear.  Any idea what could be going on?

I hate to make a trip back into the dr's again as I've gone from being a very healthly 34 year old who never goes to the dr's to having made several trips this year due to thyroid nodules discovered in June and gallbladder trouble in Sept.  I feel like I'm falling apart or turning into a hypocondriac!

Many thanks,
Tracy
Hi.
Are you a known case of vertigo. Were you diagnosed to have this problem by a doctor.
It looks that you may be having frontal sinusitis. In this case patients do complain about the headache that starts as the day progresses and by the end of the day they experience a severe headache.
But when you mention a constant pain just above your ear, then mastoiditis can be thought of
Kindly consult an ENT surgeon initially and based on his advice , neurologist opinion can be considered.