Head rush/headache
About 3 months ago I was in a cafe with a friend and I felt 'funny', as though light-headed, but it was frightening. My pulse dropped down and became very weak (I have slightly high blood pressure usually). The immediate feeling of panic passed in a few minutes, but I felt slightly drowsy for the next few hours.

These head-rushes/dizzy spells have continued, on and off, since this time and I also have a dull, recurring headache on the right side of the head. My right pupil is also sometimes more dilated than the left, though vision seems unaffected. The headache feels as though they are above the right ear, at the top of the nose and at the back of the head, at the bottom.

These spells don't seem linked to any particular activity (standing up quickly etc) and have occured whilst lying down. The most effective way to alleviate the feeling is to get some fresh air and walk about a bit.

I am a 27 yr old male in a full time job. I am 6 ft 3 inches and weigh 14 & 1/2 stone. I exercise 6 days a week for an hour or more and consider myself to be physically fit.

I wonder if anyone has any thoughts? I try to tell myself that they may be panic attacks/stress related, but am very concerned - which if they are the above, presumably only makes things worse?

Many thanks.
Thank you for your question. Although without being able to examine you I can not offer you the specific advice on diagnosis and treatment that you need, but I would try to provide you some relevant information about your health concern.

There might be two possibilities here that need to be evaluated thoroughly. First, one sided throbbing (or sharp) headache & orbital pain (eye pain) with numbness symptoms could be suggestive of migraine. Other factors that may induce your migraine attack may be contraceptive pills, stress or depression, bright lights, loud noise and traveling. Few women experience headache more commonly during the time of their menstrual periods & at the time of hormonal imbalance. The mainstay of the migraine treatment is always to identify the triggering factors and to avoid them. Triggering factors could be different foods such as cheese, chocolate, alcohol and even few fruits. I would suggest careful record of events that have proceeded with the attack and avoid those factors. In addition, try to rest in a dark & quiet room, meditate, have a balanced diet and avoid taking unnecessary drugs.

Another possibility is Cervical spondylosis or pinched nerve in cervical spine in which pain may be referred and perceived as occurring in the back of head, shoulders, arms or chest, rather than just the neck. Other symptoms may include vertigo, nausea (dizziness). Even then if you suffer continuous headache, please arrange an appointment with a neurologist right away who will evaluate the further underlying disorders by clinically examine you & ordering MRI or CT scan here that may be the main reasons of your headache attacks & other symptoms and can provide you an appropriate treatment. Hope this information proves helpful to you. Take Care & Regards!!!

Have you seen a dr about this?