Neurology Community
Headache On the left side only, that want go away!

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

I have had a head ache on the left side of my head for almost a year. It is a shooting pain that sometimes run dow the left side of my face. The shooting pain feels about the size of a little wire. I have to pack my head in ice to get the severe pain to stop. Then I have head aches in 3 spots on the left side of my head only, that feels like I have pressure that pushes outward. Sometimes I even feel that I have a toothache and a ear ache. My doctor said that it was a nerve that starts at the back of my hair line and runs to the front of my face. For some reason he said that it has inflamation (inflammation) around it and that causes spamas and that is what's causing the severe pain. I had a nerve block about 8 months ago and it really helped for about 6 weeks. I had another one about 4 months ago and it did not do a thing.  I can't remember things and last week I had to go to the doctor for a follow up from spine doctor from where I had surgery and going down a major road that I had driven 10000's of times. For a split second I thought I was lost. I find myself doing things. like folding the laundry, or making the bed then I go back later to find the dryer door open with clothes still unfolded by the end of the day I am so tired but I have not completed one thing. I stay sick on my stomach, dizzy spells, tingling in my face and my left arm now. I have a tickling in my throat sometimes and I feel like I am chocking. I cough and it goes away. At times my neck hurts just below my chin and it feels tight. I am scared. I really don't think it is a nerve because I am getting worse. I have added a picture of me from last week. I took the picture after I got lost going to the doctor, I added a voice message to my family because in my heart I did not think that I would make it back home.  I have gone down hill in the past 3 months.  Please if there is anyone out there that is having or have had this problem please let me know what to do. Waiting.