Headache and low red blood cell count
I've had a daily constant headache for the past 11 months now.  It is behind my right eye and where my head and neck meet. With this my right arm gets a wierd painful numbness to it, my vision has gotten blurry, and I sometimes get pain in my upper right abdomen.  I've had an MRI which shows a slight chiari malformation but the neurosurgeon said it isn't bad enough to be causing these symptoms.  I've had tons of blood work done and the only thing that is abnormal is my red blood cell count (at 3.7) and the RDW (at 11).  My iron, B12 and Folic Acid were fine.  I looked over my lab tests for the past year and noticed the red blood cell count has continued to decline from 4.21 to 3.7 over 9 months.  Does anyone have similar symptoms/ test results?  could this be causing my constant headache and why would my red blood cell count contniue to decline?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Do you know what your reticulocyte count was? (# of immature red blood cells) I have a lot of the same symptoms.my RBC was 4.3, but my retic count was  was high 140.7, normal 40-79 my Total Iron Binding was 470 and ferritin was 127 Both high. Folate and VitB12 were normal. My PCP said this indicated bleeding somewhere in the body, but didn't order any additional tests. I do think it would cause headaches due to the low blood count. I attributed my headaches, which I have almost constantly, to recent neck fusion surgery, but after reading your post may have to think that self-analysis. I too would like some answers! If you get one, please post!