Neurology Community
Headache and now acute pain in left arm & leg & head
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Headache and now acute pain in left arm & leg & head

Hi,
Iam a 32 yr old female in good health until now. It started all of a sudden with severe headache on the back of my head and slowing moving to the front temple and then the whole head. It started abt 2 1/2 weeks ago, I never had heaches before so I decided to take two tylenol, hoping that it will cure it but no luck, tried advil, aspirin, not at the same time but tried all counter medications. I work in the dental field, had an xray to make sure it wasn't teeth related and it wasn't, no sinus trouble either.  Went to a walk-in clinic on te 4th day, the MD suggested that I go to hospital and get a CT scan done so I did ans that was ok. The MD there just drowned me in heavy drowsy medication and said you'll be ok and sent me home with tyl 3. I was in too much pain and drowsy to even question his limited findings. 2 days later, I just couldn't take the pain, now my pain was tingling from my toes to upper thigh, lower back to my arms and neck to the back of my head. It was sometimes on the left side and sometimes on the right. Anways, I went to the hospital again, the MD gave me migraine pain medicine thru iv and did regular general blood test, checking sugar/cholestrol/wbc/rbc etc and said for me to see my family doc.  I saw my family doc, waiting 1 1/2 hours in his waiting room so he can talk to me for 2mins and write me a script fot migraine, didn't even listen to my ongoing suffering for almost 1+ weeks then. I have read abt migraines and i have read abt other illnesses that may have similiar symtoms (symptoms), do you think it's premature to fold your hands and say its migraine?  I took the migraine pills (Relpax 40mg) and my numbess, weakness in the left side only now, losing sensation on the left arm and leg is still present along with come and go severe sharp stabbing pain on my left side of my head. please help as I feel no one is listening to my need, I have two small kids and I am not looking to be sick or have a disease but would like to find something to relieve me of this pain as I am unable to perform my daily work and would like proper diagnosis instead of guessing what it may be. Please help! Thank you.