Neurology Community
Headache due to neckpain

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Headache due to neckpain

Around 5 years back I had severe headache problem, that time I consulted with few doctors and one of them took X-Ray of my neck and he analysed that 2 vertebra from neck have been suppressed due to some reason and he did not give any medicine, he suggested only some medicines. I also did the same thing, I just used to do neck exercise told by him and avoided taking pillow while sleeping. Few days later I got bit relax.

But now a days am getting the same thing. My head starts acheing. The pain first starts from rightmost corner of the neck just behind the ears and then pain goes towards brain in the same(right) direction. Every mornign am doing neck exercise also but still whole day my neck doesn't stop paining. Most of the times headache starts due to neck pain only. Whenever I take pillow while sleeping the next whole day my head will be acheing.

Can you please tell me what should I do? Whether I should go to Neurologist or what? Please help me, waiting for your reply.

Hello Dear,
Your pain is due to the degenerative changes of the cervical spine.You should consult a physiotherapist for pain management and should regularly do neck exercises as this only works in such cases.You can take vitamin B supplementation to prevent the demyleination of nerves.Also cconsult a neurologist and again get a x-ray or MRI done to know the recent changes if any.
Best