Neurology Community
Headache during ejaculation

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Headache during ejaculation

I recently experieneced a painful headache during ejaculation while having intercourse with my wife. The headache was very painful and it went all around my head. I felt if for a couple of minutes and then a small headache followed that one. The next few days I also had intercourse, I experienced some small headaches during ejaculation.
I am 29 years old, and I had never experienced that. I am a truck driver, thus I do not sleep well or eat my 3 regular meals a day. I have been stressed out a lot and I don't know if the headaches that I recently experienced during ejaculation could be due to that or something more serious. I also had a cold recently and was a little congested. I thought it might also be the position I am in during ejaculation. The first time I experience this headache I was on my back. I tried a different position the next few times by being on my stomach, and the headaches were minor.
I would really appreaciate input on what could be the problem. Could it be due to stress? I recently had a cold and I was congested a little. I am also not eating or sleeping right and my job requires me to load and unload trailers. I feel like the answer to this is very obvious, but are these types of headaches normal?
Thank you all once again for taking time to read this and reply.
Your headaches are probably benign, but it would be wise to check with your physician.  It might be useful to start a headache "diary", to help track the occurrences of these headaches, along with the other factors that might be relevant (your physician should be able to help you identify possible contributing factors worth tracking).

A sex therapist might be able to help you learn relaxation techniques to help you get rid of excessive stress while preserving the good stressors that make sex and orgasms so enjoyable.

I'm not a doctor, so this free "advice" is worth every penny.  However, feel free to check your local library or the internet for migraine and other headache types. You'll see that you (and I) aren't the first to have experienced sex headaches.
Avatar n tn