Neurology Community
Headache in back left side of head

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Headache in back left side of head

Had successful cervical laminectomy in February of 2008. The past few days I am experiencing debilitating pain to the back left side of my head that travels up and around my ear. Is this somehow related to the laminectomy I had nearly 4 years ago? And what can be done for this kind of headache?

This discussion is related to Headaches and pain following anterior cervical discectomy..
It's hard to say.  Is the headache more in the morning?  A morning headache in the back of the head can be due to high blood pressure, but I've had it with sinus pressure also because your sinuses aren't only in the front of your head.  It could be muscular pain.  See a doctor since this sounds like a new head pain for you.