Neurology Community
Headache that Feels Like a Bruise

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Headache that Feels Like a Bruise

I'm a 36 year old woman in relatively good physical condition with no health problems... except I feel like I have a massive bruise on my head- from the hairline of my forehead (centrally located), about an inch or two in size.  For the past couple weeks now it has been super sensitive to touch- I even feel it when I touch my hair in that area, yet there is no bruise or injury.  I have been ultra-stressed lately and I'm wondering if a tension headache can feel like this or has the tension caused some damage to my head??  I have no insurance and would welcome informed ideas without having to seek medical scans/tests.  And would taking Aspirin be a good idea for the pain, or bad idea because of the blood thinning attributes?
Avatar n tn
I am a 19 year old woman who is also experiencing the same kind of tension on the sides of my head. I was really hoping that someone would have commented on this. I really need to get it fixed because it is really starting to bother me. All I know is Aspirin is a bad idea and that you should probably take Motrin or some other ibuprofen based pain medication.
Hi im michelle 24 years old and also feeling a strange bruise feeling right on top of my right ear. I have just started insanity work out and the first day i think i over done it and now i have this bruise that hurts when i jump or bend my head down and most of the time when i touch it. it dose not hurt if i pull my hair around the area. Also i have short hair that i do not tie up so it cant be from it up. i have not seen a doctor yet as it has been happening for only 2 weeks  now but am worried as i am continuing the exerciser... i need some help and answers!
Avatar n tn
Did you find the solution of your headache? I am going through the same. Thanks.
I am a 15 year old girl who is experiencing the same thing. I have a bruise like feeling around the back of the right side of my skull. It hurts when i put pressure on it and when I pull my hair. I also feel a throbbing sensation in that area from time to time. I was wondering if anybody knew what that might be linked to? I don't get dizzy or experience migraines, it's just subtle pain in that specific area. Please help!
Avatar n tn
Where are answers to these medical questions?
I am a 15 year old going through the same thing it really hurts when I touch it and I would greatly appreciate it if someone could explain. Thanks!