Aa
A
A
Close
Headache that Feels Like a Bruise
I'm a 36 year old woman in relatively good physical condition with no health problems... except I feel like I have a massive bruise on my head- from the hairline of my forehead (centrally located), about an inch or two in size.  For the past couple weeks now it has been super sensitive to touch- I even feel it when I touch my hair in that area, yet there is no bruise or injury.  I have been ultra-stressed lately and I'm wondering if a tension headache can feel like this or has the tension caused some damage to my head??  I have no insurance and would welcome informed ideas without having to seek medical scans/tests.  And would taking Aspirin be a good idea for the pain, or bad idea because of the blood thinning attributes?
Cancel
7 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I am a 19 year old woman who is also experiencing the same kind of tension on the sides of my head. I was really hoping that someone would have commented on this. I really need to get it fixed because it is really starting to bother me. All I know is Aspirin is a bad idea and that you should probably take Motrin or some other ibuprofen based pain medication.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Hi im michelle 24 years old and also feeling a strange bruise feeling right on top of my right ear. I have just started insanity work out and the first day i think i over done it and now i have this bruise that hurts when i jump or bend my head down and most of the time when i touch it. it dose not hurt if i pull my hair around the area. Also i have short hair that i do not tie up so it cant be from it up. i have not seen a doctor yet as it has been happening for only 2 weeks  now but am worried as i am continuing the exerciser... i need some help and answers!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Did you find the solution of your headache? I am going through the same. Thanks.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I am a 15 year old girl who is experiencing the same thing. I have a bruise like feeling around the back of the right side of my skull. It hurts when i put pressure on it and when I pull my hair. I also feel a throbbing sensation in that area from time to time. I was wondering if anybody knew what that might be linked to? I don't get dizzy or experience migraines, it's just subtle pain in that specific area. Please help!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Where are answers to these medical questions?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I am a 15 year old going through the same thing it really hurts when I touch it and I would greatly appreciate it if someone could explain. Thanks!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank