Neurology Community
Headaches, Neck Pain, Dizziness, heavy legs

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

I am a healthy 40-year old who enjoyed running daily.  Then on 28 April, I felt a sudden rush of dizziness and heavy head.  This has continued now for almost a month.  Pain will radiate from the back of the head to the front of the head between the eyes.  Sometimes it feels like I'm going down an elevator or landing on a plane.  It also felt like my legs were giving off strange sensations when I walked sometimes feeling heavy and sometimes feeling light.  It is intermittent.  There are also times when I'm very tired. I feel like I'm sick except that my temperature is normal.  Sometimes I even almost feel fine except for slight headache.  I've also noticed slight twitching of my arms and legs especially at night.  Doctors treated me for inner ear and sinus infection, but feeling has not gone away.  Labs and CT Scan are normal (except for mild ateroclorosis).  I've been to Neurology twice and they tell me to come back when symptoms worsen.  Any ideas on what is wrong with me?
Hi...

I would go see another neurologist at a different location.  Seems like someone different would serve you better.  

Keep in  mind that migraines do many weird things to our bodies... but have you been researching your symptoms?

Take a look at the MS site.  Not to scare you but you might find some useful information there.

legalgirl5
Hi, Thank you for your question. Normally pain in the back portion of the head originates from the neck problems due to irritation in the cervical (neck) spine because the nerves that supply the back of the head start in the upper cervical spine. Mostly, this kind of head pain aggravates after turning head and typically occurs in patients with previous neck injuries and in patients with marked arthritis of the upper cervical spine. In addition, this pain exacerbate with prolonged sitting in a stooped posture and when working on a computers for long hours.  On the other hand, there are patients who experience similar pain with sinusitis (sinus with infected mucus) and migraine. If you suffer continuous pain at back of head, please arrange an appointment with a neurologist right away who will evaluate the possibilities here and can provide you an appropriate treatment. Hope this information proves helpful to you. Take Care & Regards!!!