Neurology Community
Headaches That Burn

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Headaches That Burn

I have had headaches that "burn" and blood when I blow my nose. Can a medication for blood pressure cause these?

This discussion is related to 4 month headache on top of head.
Avatar n tn
Hi, well what is your age and what medicines are you taking? Nasal bleeding is usually due to uncontrolled hypertension or high blood pressure rather than side effect of drug. But in you case nasal bleeding is associated with blowing which is more suggestive of dry nasal mucosa which could be due to spending more time in air condition environment or in places with low humidity levels.

Burning headaches are mainly due to neuropathy like occipital neuralgia etc. It will be easier for me to interpret if you provide me details of medicines along with some investigations you went through.Tension headache is another possibility.