Neurology Community
Headaches and Dizziness

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Headaches and Dizziness

Hi, my 16 year old gets headaches and dizziness, she is currently seeing a chiropracter, and she has missed alot of school because of it, what could be the cause of her headaches?

This discussion is related to Constant severe headaches(by eyes) and dizziness.
Tags: Headaches
Thank you for your question. Although without being able to examine her I can not offer you the specific advice on diagnosis and treatment that she needs, but I would try to provide you some relevant information about her health concern.

Generally, any throbbing headache with dizziness symptom needs to be evaluated for migraine, cluster & tension headache. One sided headache that is throbbing in nature with dizziness/nausea symptoms could be suggestive of migraine. The mainstay of the migraine treatment is always to identify the triggering factors and to avoid them. Triggering factors could be different foods such as cheese, chocolate, alcohol and even few fruits. Other factors that may induce your migraine attack may be contraceptive pills, stress or depression, bright lights, loud noise and traveling. Few females experience headache more commonly during the time of their menstrual periods & at the time of hormonal imbalance. I would suggest careful record of events that have proceeded with the attack and avoid those factors. In addition, try to rest in a dark & quiet room, meditate, have a balanced diet and avoid taking unnecessary drugs. Even then if you suffer continuous headache, please arrange an appointment with a neurologist right away who will evaluate the further underlying disorders here that may be the main reasons of your migraine attacks and can provide you an appropriate treatment here. Hope this information proves helpful to you.