Neurology Expert Forum
Headaches and joint pain all over

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Headaches and joint pain all over

Re: Headaches and joint pain all over

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Neurology and Neurosurgery Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by CCF Neurology MD(B) on March 13, 1998 at 10:02:59:

In Reply to: Headaches and joint pain all over posted by Julie on February 24, 1998 at 16:14:11:

: Thank you for advising.  I realize your time is valuable and appreciate the service you are providing here.
  I am a chronic headache sufferer (vascular, muscle contraction combination).
  The last 3 days my joints have ached terrible.  My ankle pain is the most obvious as when I stand it is very painful.  My neck next, hipbones, knees, and finger pain.  If I sit for 10 miinutes or so I am stiff and it is hard to move around.  I took relafin and it seemed to relieve the ache some but I can still feel a dull ache....
  What is going on?  Do you think the joint pain is related to the headaches?  This joint aching came along the same time as a snow storm...which at first I thought was related because my knee always aches when it rains, snows...but not my whole body!
  Thank you very much....
=Dear Julie, Based on the information you have supplied me, I believe there is no relationship between your history of headaches and the recent onset of diffuse joint pain.  Rather, I feel that they are two distinct medical issues.  Concerning yhe joint pain, I would recommend you see a rheumatologist if it continues to cause you problems.  I would be concerned to rule out that your joint pain is not caused by rarer cause of arthritis such as rheumatoid or lupus.  In addition, such physicians are much more knowledgable in the treatment of joint pain if this becomes a chronic problem. Hope this helps. "This information is provided for general medical education purposes only.  Please consult your physician for for diagnostic and treatment options of your specific medical condition."