Neurology Community
Headaches in the back of head...

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Headaches in the back of head...

Hi, I am a 19 year-old female and I have had a headache for about a week now. I wouldn't say that I feel a pain, but it is definitely a discomfort. It is mainly situated in the back of my head, on the left side. Can anyone help me figure out what this might be? Here's some background:

In early October, I had a fainting episode w/ incontinence and a small (possible) seizure. I did not go to the ER, as I thought it was attributed to the small amount of food I had eaten that day. I vomited twice after fainting, and felt a little better.

Also, I think I may have switched my contacts earlier this week (each eye has a different prescription). My mother thinks my headache may be due to eye strain, but I've been wearing my glasses since we came to this conclusion yesterday afternoon, and no change in my headache has occured.

Please, any advice would be great.
Avatar n tn
How are you feeling now?
How is your headache? Have you been taking any medications?
Headache can be due to any cause, it indicates a severe underlying disorder, thus a careful evaluation of thHi,
How are you feeling now?
Headache can be due to any cause, it indicates a severe underlying disorder, thus a careful evaluation of the recurrent, severe, or unconventional headaches, is mandatory.
The most important cause of head aches in children include migraine, increased intracranial pressure ICP), and psychogenic factors or stress. Refractive errors, strabismus, sinusitis, and malocclusion of the teeth are less common causes of significant headaches.
I think you should consult a Neurologist and get imaging done to rule out pathological cause.
Merry Christmas.
Bye.
Avatar n tn
Hi.

Do you experience any other symptom such as dizziness, eye pain, etc? Have you had any trauma to your head recently? Have you been exposed to any psychological stress or anxiety? Do you use a computer for long periods of time? Any ear infections recently?

Your symptoms are quite non-specific and can be caused by many conditions, including tension headaches, elevated blood pressure, ocular abnormalities, or even just neck strain.

Have you taken any over-the-counter pain medications? If yes, where they helpful?

You could opt to observe your symptoms for a few more days and take some pain medications or muscle relaxants to see if the condition might be related to a neck strain. You could also try some relaxation exercises which may be helpful in easing the discomfort.

If your symptoms persist, you should consult a physician to properly assess your condition.

Good luck.