Hearing electricity in head
My mom has been hearing what sounds like electricity going across her brain, inside of her head.  She's never had this before.  But lately, she hasn't been in good health and she has been hearing this "electricity" in her head more and more frequently.  Also, sometimes the tip of her big toe is either really sensitive or numb.  I don't know if the two are related.  What could be causing the "electricity" across her brain?
Tinnitus?  There are many causes, try a google search.
I have that BAD too! Is your mom's accompanied by vertigo too? People say tinnitus (which is ringing in the ears). But, mine is different (it's more like BUZZING in your HEAD). I have tinnitus but this is different. Have your mom go to either an ENT or a neurologist. Good luck
What is causing your buzzing?
I wish I knew. I have BAD vertigo. My ears do ring but that has been accompanied by head buzzing/humming. I also get twitches(thumping) in my legs. SCARY and have no idea what is causing all of this!
I have all the symptoms you describe plus more.  Have you seen the neurologist or done any tests?  I'm sure you're also concerned about MS.
Now I know I'm not just weird. You just described exactly what I experience to a tee.  Vertigo ( I cannot walk in circles more than 2 or 3 times without naseua). Electricity in the head ( like nuerons firing at such a high "amperage" you can feel them)  Twitches ( sitting around the house, sometimes in bed-my legs just jump-and then they are fine)   None of these symptoms were prevalent before I took a golf ball to the head (right on the little bump behind the ear).  Concussion related?
I have electricity sounds in my head. It first started 5 months ago when I went to an ammusement park and went on big rides. The doctor has put me on migraine medications (hasn't worked) and when I go to see them it feels like I suffer from an invisible illness. Due to see neurologist in Jan, does anyone know of any causes and things that can help?

I seem to experience it more when laying in bed at night before going to sleep and when I wake up in the morning. It has made my life hell for the last 5 months.
I have been hearing what sounds like electricity going across my brain, inside of my head, just when sleeping sometimes. Is this serious ?Exactly as described above.