Heartburns leading to lightheadedness, dizziness, etc
I woke up at 5AM today to a really bad heartburn. I also felt gassy and like I had a bowel problem, so I tried to go to the bathroom but rushed back to my room and slumped over against the wall. The pain got worse which caused me to sweat, then came a sudden rush of lightheadedness and weakness. I couldn't stand up, I began sweating really bad, I got weaker and weaker where I couldn't talk or stand someone talking to me, my vision went out and then it all went away once it reached its peak.

This is the second time its happened to me in a month. The first time was after dinner, but I had the same exact symptoms. This time, I knew the rush was going to come since I've experienced it before. Right now, I'm beginning to have a minor heartburn, and I'm worried its about to happen again so I'm preparing for that rush to come.

Can anyone please help in determining what could be causing this? I don't have health insurance, so I haven't gotten it checked. I also thought it was a one time thing, until it happened again today and I'm feeling it coming now. I read an article about a man that had the same symptoms, and they said it was a heart attack.

I'm a 26 year-old female with no history of heart problems. Does anyone know what can be happening?
Sounds like gastric reflux, followed by either irregular heartbeats caused by the indigestion, or most probably a panic attack because you were upset and frightened. It happens to me. If it happens again, take a big dose of antacid, like Zantac effervescent which you dissolve in water and drink. It works straight away. THE OTHER THING IS TO STAY CALM, and feel your pulse, at your wrist is easiest. Practice feeling it when you're normal so you can find it easy if you have another attack. If it feels very fast or 'fluttery' you might be having a 'tachycardia' episode which i also get. They are usually harmless but upsetting. Your pulse is normally 60 - 80 beats per minute, which is like counting one, two, three with a short pause between. If its really fast you can barely tell if there is a pause between beats - like a machine gun. If you feel that, go and tell the doctor the next day. DONT PANIC. If its fairly regular it's most probably a panic attack. Try the antacid first - buy som and keep it handy. Try to remember what you had for dinner those nights that could have given you the heartburn. Let's know how you get on.
Kev