Neurology Community
Heat Stroke

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Heat Stroke

I hope this is the right place to post. I am a 30 yr old female and about a year ago I had a weird experience while out of town for a job interview and apartment hunt. It was in early August so a very hot time of year and my car's ac was not working. I was really stressed out having to drive and locate all these places, not to mention the stress of landing a job. I don't think at the time I realized how hot I was, I was just in "go" mode.

I spent the night in a motel. I showered and cooled off, ate some take out food. Everything fine.

My mom called to see how my day went and as I was talking to her, something "zapped" the top left side of my head. It literally felt like a bolt of electricity. I started shaking uncontrolably and dropped the phone. I fell to the floor and must have been out for 2-3 seconds, because when I opened my eyes I forgot where I was or what I was doing. It was only after I saw the phone on the floor I remembered I was talking on the phone. I didn't want to freak out my mom so when she asked what happened I told her I tripped. It has not happened since, so I thought it might have been heat stroke. Is it possible for long term damage to have occured and what kinds of test should I ask for?

These symptoms could be due to heat exhaustion and dehydration because symptoms of heat stroke are quite severe and long lasting.
I would suggest you to wear a hat when venturing out in the sun and drink plenty of water to avoid this from happening again.

Take care!