Neurology Community
Heavy metal poisoning
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Heavy metal poisoning

Hello.  As a child I grew up near old mill complexes.  My friends and I would play in fields and alleyways adjacent to the mills.  This was in the 60's before there were state and federal regulations concerning toxic waste disposal.  There were barrels of waste from the mills where we played.  These barrels oozed sludge and liquid that we called "rainbow water."  We would make mud pies from this stuff.  Sometimes older kids would come by and pry the lids off the barrels and throw the sludge at us.  This would end up in a sludge free-for-all.  I have many neurological manifestations with normal MRI, CT Scan, blood tests, etc.  I do not however, think I have been tested for heavy metal poisoning.  All the docs I have been to say it's just Fibromyalgia or histrionics.  Could this past exposure be to blame for my symptoms?    Thank your for your consideration.